Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Gentle Reminders that Cats are in Charge

Every so often your human may come to the erroneous conclusion that they are in control of anything.  But more to the point they occasionally believe they can control you.  It could be a simple lapse in judgement.

Your pet may believe they have the right to dictate your sleeping hours and wake you when they choose.  They may believe they have the right to serve you different food.  A good sniff of the offending new food and a gentle refusal to eat it will cure them of that thought.

Or your human pet may think that they have the right to scratch your cheeks whenever they desire.  In such cases a gentle reminder that you may only be petted when you decide to is probably best.  No claws are required.  Remember you are trying to be gentle.  But do remain firm.

Here is an excellent example of the third scenario and the appropriate response to it.


Don't pet me peasant
Down peasant.  I have not given you leave to pet me.
This gif is courtesy of BuzzFeed Animals.


This is how you remind your pet who is in charge.

Now, I'll you'll excuse me there is a basket of clean laundry that requires my attention.  I am, as ever, at your service because it pleases me to be so.

xx
Miss Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment